The 10 Good Habits of Technical Writers
- Good technical writers never release anything until the work’s been thoroughly proofread.
- The best technical writers eliminate unnecessary words so that the text is as short as possible.
- The best writers search for “etc.” replacing it with actual content.
- Technically proficient writers check their detail for accuracy.
- If a good technical writer isn’t sure about a word, he or she will look up its meaning of words, and whether it’s an actual word.
- The best technical writers always follow an outline.
- The better writers avoid copying others text, because it’s frequently flawed.
- A competent technical writer will take time breaks between drafting and editing.
- The successful technical writers edit their own work and usually as if it had been written by someone else.
- Most of all, the very best Technical Writers repeat these habits so often they become automatic.
Leave a Reply